Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mango Mango Doughnuts

Ok, so I got this new toy at my favorite store ever, Wine and Cake Hobbies... a doughnut pan!! I have been wanting to go out and buy one for what seems like forever and I have just never gotten around to doing so.

Right now I am on day 20 of my 30 day diet plan, which is super restrictive and I am being really OCD with it, so I, personally, have not tried out these doughnuts.  However, my son, Chuckie, and our new puppy, Bay have both tried them (although I would rather not let the puppy eat off the floor, sometimes her and her little nose just find things that my eyes can't.)  They seemed to like them, so hopefully they are winners. I guess it's just one of those recipes you will have to try, and when you do, please let me know, a two-year old and a puppy's opinion can only go so far.
I swear one day these two partners-in-crime are going to be the end of me.


Ingredients:

For the doughnuts:
1 cup Mango Mango Preserves* (see note)
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 stick of butter (softened)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)

For the Glaze:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 T milk
1/4 cup Mango Mango Preserves
1/4 cup cream cheese softened

*The Mango Mango preserves can be bought at http://amangoparty.com/ or can be substituted for your favorite jam, jelly, or even applesauce.  Get creative!





Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard size doughnut pan.
In a mixer, combine mango preserves, vegetable oil, butter, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Beat until thoroughly combined.  Add eggs one at a time with mixer still running. Add coconut and flour and mix on low until they are just incorpoated into the rest of the batter.  Fill pan to about 2/3 full. Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the doughnut comes out clean.

For the glaze, soften the cream cheese in a microwave for about 15-30 seconds or until it is soft enough to mix smoothly.  Add the rest of the ingredients in with the cream cheese and set aside.

When doughnuts are done baking, let them sit for a minute or two in the pan, and then flip them onto a cooling rack. Pick the tray off the doughnuts and let them cool off for about 5 minutes or until the doughnuts can be handled without falling apart. Carefully pick up a doughnut and one by one dip them into the glaze and place them back on the cooling rack to set up.
They look pretty yummy right? 

3 comments:

  1. I have tired your Mango Mango donuts...you brought them to the Smithfield Market for us (the Mango Mango Ladies under the orange tent). They were wonderful!!!So wonderful that I didn't want to share. I will be trying this out on my own very soon. Thanks for sharing...because I didn't lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed them!!! Let me know how the recipe works for you whenever you try it out!

      Delete